Monday, September 15, 2014

New thoughts on color, artificial and natural

Some ideas I had the other night….

Here is one played out:

these would look amazing photographed with some film….. yay! I also was thinking of playing with waxing over the actual images and hanging those….hmmmmmmm what do you think?

Here are some ideas I had:

colored frosting smeared on a board and some flowers in the middle
wrapping paper with some colored sand inside
yellow chalk crushed or not on top of some spaghetti noodles.
sliced meats with actual sand from the ground


I also thought about the Magritte  reference I was using before and I thought it would be interesting to use the slogans of one of these sources as the reference instead of this is not color etc. 

I am working on some digital images as well for backgrounds but may is it hard to stare at the computer for extended amounts of time! 

What do you know about pantone? I am doing my research and thinking about looking at this idea of color instead of the digital side of things. 

i want to make my own still life… I mean these old painters were so symbolic and i thought, can I do that? 

Ok. so for now…I will read, research and take a run to the store! If only I had a day off….where did summer go and why didn't these ideas come then!! 

til next time. 

Update on Day Ten for these two studies. I do not like the glass when being photographed… and the blue has become too busy and organized for this experiment but I will continue to study t. 


No comments:

Post a Comment