Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Through my research I believe Binh Danh wrapped a small bag with water to the stem of his leaves and then exposed. Through my recent experiment, I did not and the leaf still exposed properly. The color negative was a test, to see how much detail I could achieve by using it and a fair amount was present, which means I will have better luck with a black and white negative when used.

I have newspapers from a time in my life that was horrid. I was written about in a newspaper being questionably accused of "killing my father". I am looking at a way of using these newspapers to find release in what I have been through. They have words that are hurtful, etc. that I think I will use to collage with and create another photosynthesis process. I am really into the thought of using my hands and earth to create, this is my drive currently.

Binh Danh used old images he had collected from newspapers and magazines and so I think this process may work and I can print these words onto the leaves with a portrait as well. I recently was at my Aunts house, my dads sister, and she was giving me old pictures of my father. I am thinking of scanning them and making black and white negatives with them to then print from as well during this process.

Unfortunately I have wedding like crazy and my time is limited to be able to do a lot of processing so right now I have been doing a lot of brainstorming and small amounts of reading and lots of research! Until next week when i can hopefully crack down on  lot of ideas and try them out.

Goals for next week:
email two artists
collage on leaf
3 rolls black and white film developed
print black and whites
paint on prints
write paper for 22nd
make anthotypes using materials in fridge, veggies and fruits...tests about four types of foods.
and blog......

No comments:

Post a Comment