Monday, August 26, 2013

Exposing and Scanning


ALright so I have had these vegetables outside for some times now and there is some wear to them.....They are starting to deteriorate naturally and be eating by insects. I liked this. I was interested in coating the paper and exposing it before it was dry like I have previously stated and so I did. Both sheets of paper with coated with a brush and then placed right outside, still wet, and these vegetables and leaves placed on top. What I am trying to get are the marks that these materials will make when they absorb the emulsion into themselves. I was surprised to see the change in the red cabbage when I exposed it and how the mass of half a cabbage took to the paper after going through some weather changes. The colors were extraordinary. This is what I am trying to achieve here, like said in an earlier post, it might just be about color right now too and how do I play and get results that are intriguing. You can see in these images that they are already absorbing the emulsions so we should see what we get!










This bottom image is a set of four different papers that are digital papers that were dipped into a beet emulsion. I again curious on how the material absorbs the emulsion when it is not dry before exposing. This is a potato that had passed its time and I started to think about the waste of the fruits and veggies that some people may have....or even that I have. How much do I throw out or allow to waste/rot in my fridge because I didnt find the time to prepare them or eat them? This idea also coincides with life and death as well. Like rotten milk? How does curdled cream look on a surface such as this and how will it react to  the materials? So Im think I may play with this idea slightly..... See what comes of it. I also have two other sets of these sheets of paper, one is going to be double dipped and the other once and both dried before exposing. I will post later because I spent all morning scanning about ten anthotypes I produced the other day and am SUPER excited to bring them into the good old Photoshop and see what comes of them. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment