Sunday, September 29, 2013

Scans again

So here are the tests I have made for the day. I have decided two things are certain, I love to expose the anthotypes without drying the paper completely and I really am attracted to the small tests. There is something about the size when making them that creates a more cellular and impressive print to me than me trying to compose on a larger sheet of paper. From this I will scan and my next step is to make some large prints of these smaller cellular scans and see how they look large. This type of detail is not obtainable through a larger print because this a very intimate scale. I have a love for the connection of the paper, juice, and produce on top and how it they all feed off each other. These images are done from three types a beet and wine mix and a beet and purple potato mix along with a sprayed beet mix. The type of absorbent effect I get from these wet prints did not happen completely on these because of the fact that I exposed the dry material that I  have had in the house from the last exposures that I wanted to use again to see what kind of images they would yield. This produce will then be composted and used to then create soil for the idea of growing my own beets in my house so that all my materials will be coming solely from my house. This will give me a larger connection with my material and images.
This is my set up from earlier today:
It is important to note that the images you saw yesterday on the glass that I was photographing in the basement that material was just tossed on the papers coated here ready to expose. I did not place them down strategically I simply dropped the glass down and let all the material fall off and left it at that. I am trying to step away from control for these images and making it more about process than anything.

These are just scanned and not edited at all.

These are from the sprayed beets:





These images are from the beet and purple potato mix:




This is a close up of this image scanned again because I thought it was interesting. 


These images are from the beet and wine mix:







2 comments:

  1. It going to be great to see all this work come Jan. It just amazes me what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bill!! I am excited to see everyone again and hopefully share some great stories and work. How is the painting?

      Delete