Sunday, March 23, 2014

Thoughts....more to come tomorrow.

Alright here is the attempt at making my first legend. I have focused on some basic information like size,price, taste, tops, location and store purchased. Take a look: 

I would then put them into the prints.....which I think I should be make g larger coated papers for that. I have not taken notes on my prints again but I plan too. I think maybe to study my calligraphy more. :) 

I tried to look up facts about carrots this afternoon and I stumbled across what seems to be the carrot museum. Apparently there are a lot of people that are just as crazy about carrots as I am. I don't plan to stick to just carrots I just thought I needed some grounds to test a couple ideas before I go ahead and make series of them.  

I plan to work on the computer tomorrow so you may get another post of the progression of this work. I took on a little sickness so I am hoping to clear it out by the morning by taking it easy tonight. Couple ideas while researching and reading......

1. Could it all be from the same material to make the beautiful prints I was making prior. For instance. Can I make a piece of paper out of carrot remains or shreds from juicing it and then print a slice of carrot with its juices on the handmade papa we from its pulp! Wow! That's like no waste which coincides with my idea previously. 

2. Would it be possible to scan a slice of a tomato, make a sheet of paper from the tomato and not bleach it and then put a digital negative from the scan on the coated paper to then expose to the sun and get a more photographic print from the process. 

3. Depending which one I do I am highly intrigued by the book idea. 

Thursday is a big day. Making paper out of pulp. This will help guide me in a more clear direction and in a couple weeks I meet with my mentor again so it'll be nice to discuss it all. 

Thata it for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment