Sunday, September 7, 2014

Studies of red and blue again...

This So I have created two studies. One of red in a shadow box frame and one of blue as a composition made on foam board. I am watching each one everyday to see their change in color. They both contain artificial and natural elements and I am curious to see how they decay. 
Day one: 
Day two: 
Day three:
This should be interesting. I am also working on making another corporate logo background but with as many as I can find within one color. This is hard to do. It's coming along though. If you have any information about artificial and natural and what the two mean to you, please let me know! I am thinking about using a digital reference for say the color orange and then trying to match that color in both the artificial and natural world to make almost like a triptych, I am still trying to figure out to do this though.....not that tech savy. In the menatime I have picked up some paint swatches to play with this idea and see if I can match the color elsewhere. Of course I'm going to look like a fool at the store holding paint swatches up to food or labels but that's all part of the fun! 
Think I can match any of these????? I will also be looking at getting both natural and artificial materials like carpet, Duran wrap, wrapping paper, construction paper etc and making a collage with a square then a square made of food or flowes, something natural. Simple. Elegant. That's on this weeks agenda!  But for now I must get back to my still life reading and research on this matter. :) enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment