Friday, July 12, 2013

First Roll Developed in my New Darkroom!

Hey all!

First roll was developed today using my own in house built darkroom. I am very excited and hope that maybe Sunday to shoot off three rolls of film and develop them before work so that Monday can be a marathon printing day in my darkroom!

I have a leaf exposing outside and its been all day. Changes are happening! Should hopefully see some results by the end of the weekend.

Going to the Panopticon Gallery opening tonight, looking forward to it!

Have a big day of hiking tomorrow, my day off of work, and look forward to exploring with the camera phone.... will post some.

All my veggies froze in the fridge while I was trying to keep it under control from the humidity. Apparently Im terrible at that so now the plan is to use the juicer to grind them up and make some emulsions to print on Sunday.......

Darkroom building process has set me a little behind but Im coming into a comfortable spot to really start cracking away at it all and I can not wait to sit down and finish the books I bought.

I also was thinking today....about photographing with black and white, developing at a higher temp to get contrasty negatives, photographing leaves/nature/etc. and then collaging them on top of a leaf like I am doing currently....then photographing it again within a context like back in nature or maybe not....Like in the city but has all these remnants of nature or what was once there. Make sense? I hope...lets try it!

Thats it for now. Busy day doing other duties in life. So far, feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment