Friday, July 12, 2013

Idea Idea Ideas

Feeling Good. Just got back from Boston after going to the Opening at Panopticon Gallery. On the drive home my brain was running, its been going real fast lately. I was thinking of my ideas...where I was going...what was I producing. Studies of the small things that make me happy like leaves, flowers, color, etc. Now I was thinking earlier about collage, puzzle, piecing things to make sense. Then Im also very much so intrigued by process, photosynthesis, anthotypes etc. Sooooooo what comes to mind branching off my thought earlier in todays post is this:

Photograph black and whites of these certain beauties I see that calm me. The small things in life that help me to cope with life itself.
Take those images, develop them to have high contrast, cut them or place them in block like compositions onto paper.
Expose using an emulsion from a plant matter.
After that print is done, frame it using materials in and around that area that was focused on such as a walk by the lake. Taking sticks and when that anthotype is done framing it using its natural materials that it came from.
Going back to that area and placing the frame somewhere in the landscape and then photographing it again before it all completely dies.

Would I then leave it there? Should I photograph in color or black and white?

This idea while driving was very fascinating to me and I look forward to my experiments to see what I may be able to accomplish with this thought.

Sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment