Monday, August 5, 2013

Big Production Day #2


Ok. So its been a little while away, had to work, wedding etc. But no excuses! The goal is to kick myself to gear today!

Posted some notes from the reading the Pursuit of Happiness from Time Magazine and only have a couple pages left of the How to be an Existentialist by Gary Cox and then my notes will be complete on that book as well. All in the while reading Walden by Thoreau and others. I have been recommended by a good friend to watch the movie Plimpton, which I will research tonight when the sun goes down. 

Today here is my goal, and I hope to post some pictures later:
-Go to the grocery store and get carrots, blueberries, a green vegetable, purple potatoes, etc. looking for fruits and vegetables that have color and will hopefully produce an emulsion worth printing on. I will be doing hopefully a hand full of small tests to see the type of exposure they will yield but the paper will have to be coated today and exposed tomorrow. 
-Finish reading books and write notes on them
-watch a movie/documentary pertaining to my goal/thesis
-I want to draw on a print so while Im at the store getting watercolor paper for larger prints using the vegetable/fruit matter I will pick up a good pen to draw freely on a print. 
- I will be exposing on leaves today and trying the thought that Caleb and I talked about exposing their roots onto themselves. I will look for a handful of single leaves that have roots to test this as well as finding spinach leaves, which I heard were good to expose on, and a couple others to test as well. 

Ultimate goal:
Coat at least five papers with five different sources
expose at least three new leaves and five leaves total using multiple methods. 
set up a camera obscura?
finish two books
start paper for the 15th
watch a movie
draw on a print

Like said, pictures will come later but for now this is my goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment