Friday, August 9, 2013

Wheels

So lots of research and turning of the wheels. Currently right now I am working on more written work to present a paper to my advisor on Thursday. I hope to put aside some of Sunday and all of Monday again. So during my process of exposing I have realized that matter from more so the vegetables burns easier and faster in the sun. So I am going to attempt to coat the carrot, pepper, fennel again because I feel like I should be able to get more definition than what I received.

I will be researching today on how to build my own camera obscura so that I will have an all day project on Monday, besides writing a paper and exposing some more. I will also be researching the transfer of emulsions or maybe how to burn onto a leaf to create an image and then see if that is printable, like I have said before.

In the meantime I was directed towards Abelardo Morells newer works and I must say, Im fascinated. Using a camera obscura to produce an image projected from the landscape he is in onto the ground of that landscape. He is allowing the ground to almost make up a more painterly quality to the images. What makes it fascinating is the fact that almost what makes and is perceived almost to be the paper for the image is the make up of itself. Brilliant. Check it out for yourself.

http://www.abelardomorell.net/posts/tent-camera/


No comments:

Post a Comment