Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Experiment; Putting it back in Nature

So I am working down in my studio until the time comes I have to actually go to work to make some cash. I have been trying to finish my couple books I started and write my notes on them to go until my notes tab. Should hopefully done those tomorrow.

This morning I was working and putting together some wine coated paper to expose onto as well because I read that someone had experimented with it. So I have coated a sheet of drawing paper and watercolor paper but I may be skeptical. It didn't coat as well as I had hoped. I will be also using some more of the beet emulsion I made to coat a couple more pieces of paper. Those will dry overnight and hopefully they will have a full day of sun tomorrow.

I was feeling stuck for a little bit, bachelorette parties, stressed for cash, etc. but I rearranged my house a little bit. Every time I do this I feel better! I redesigned my second living space and it looks great so I am hoping my mind is back on track and I can get lots of amazing work done with a couple more organization days ahead of me.

So I went outside with my exposed leave and put it back into the space it once was and photographed it. I am going to play with this idea for a little bit. I am thinking of taking a black and white negative with the exposed leaves back in their natural habitat. These are quick shots done with the digital camera, nothing seriously composed but to see the idea. This is what I got.




I was trying to see how vast the difference is between the dead and printed leaf and the floral that is still alive. This will be determined in a black and white print. This process also will give me the more tactile connection I crave with the print itself. The fact that I built what is in the image. Maybe I should make a  lot of them and create my own "weed bush" by pinning multiple exposed leaves into the ground....... this will be my next experiment!! After having said that, I opened an image in photoshop and changed it to black and white to see the tonal quality of it. Look at these...there were only some minor adjustments made. Of course these would be printed in the darkroom.



No comments:

Post a Comment