Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Test prints

Ok. So these are the ones worth showing. The celery and kale emulsions are basically all pale with no definition on them. I have here a close up of the negative print that was on the beet emulsion along with a full image. By far this was the best print. I would be interested in doing it again maybe making a thicker emulsion next time. The lighter pink is the strawberry emulsion which did not take as well and is also starting to fade quickly. So far the beer wins. I also show here the print made on a weed leaf from my backyard. The veins of the lead really pop out and the actual print up close is alright. I was trying to find a leaf that was a little more closer to the size of the negatives I was using. The leaf got wet during one of the exposure times and then stuck to the negative under the glass. It created a leaf like impression on the negative leaving its characteristics on the negatives emulsion. This would be interesting to print on the next darkroom day. I am going to attempt some collage in the morning on top of my prints I did Friday but for the remaining of the evening I think ill watch the documentary Waste Land. 



No comments:

Post a Comment