Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Productive Morning

Ok so before I head into work today I have these sheets of bristol, watercolor, and drawing paper coated with red wine, beets and a strawberry puree almost with beet juice mix. See what I get tomorrow. 
I have decided I was going to collage with 35mm film onto leaves as well but before I really spend a lot of time on the collage I want to know which leaf is going to print best. I have out here with some old high school 35mm negatives on a maple, kale, tomato, three leaf clover sort of, and I believe an oak tree if my memory serves me correct. This should be interesting. Ill give them the day and probably tomorrow before I try to take a peak to see whats happening. The thought keeps running through my mind too my obsession with vegetables and healthy eating, printing on them, using their juices for emulsion.......where is this all going?

This is a beet juice paper that was coated from the other day and now I am exposing just a negative on it to see what king of contrast I can get. I used a difficult negative for this kind of process so it'll be interesting to see what comes of it. I have my fingers crossed.


Remember what I said last week? Found some old negatives, that apparently I was supposed to develop and it was all on pure accident. I spoke about how I would print these images of my ex-boyfriend and spend that time on them because I had developed this film and I was supposed to use it for a release or I dont know what.....I had to do something with it.
Here is where some fun stuff came in and I opened up in my own studio and really felt a sense of revelation. I started to feel the emotions come out of me and into this piece. The three different materials were interesting to think of the type of emotion that accompanied them. Nail =  I was in physical pain because of the hammer and my poor wrists, anger, hate, uncontrollable.

Paint, invisible, nothing, crying, a song came on my mix that was a band he had found while we were together something I couldn't grow to love because he was the one who introduced it to me. I didnt find it on my own so there for they are not good enough me for to listen to. This was an interesting coincidence and really helped to bring out some of the emotions in this piece. I kept painting over it till I couldnt see anymore of him. Peaceful strokes, just washing away that pain and seeing my stubbornness.



This was probably the most enjoyable for me but I may not of felt it as strongly yet. I grabbed weeds and grass from outside and glued them onto him. Covering his skin with these flowers and his spine with the grass. He was weak, so was I.  I liked this feeling. It was beautiful for me to work with. I like the earth in my hands using it to heal what I thought was a painful time. I would like to continue working in this process, it was peaceful and most connected with me although I did not feel the more apparent emotions as in the other processes. This is my own way of coping and dealing now. I think it fits best for my personality and person I have grew to become.


No comments:

Post a Comment