Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Another Great Day for Exposures.



So here is my current darkroom. I love it! I am feeling a real connection with my daily life of eating, exercising, getting outside and my photography. Last night was a great finding for me and I hope that I can push that further. What Im most interested in right now is the root and leaf exposure that I am doing with the kale in this bottom image. I have some of the kale roots exposing on the its own leaves, This kale had been attacked by pests in my garden and I had to just let it go because they had got the best of the kale leaves so what is supposed to be lush green leaves are deteriorated and chewed. So I have composed them on the best emulsion I have exposing right now which is the beets. I am really anxious to see what comes of it. I have some fennel, grapes, red cabbage and beets just put out today. Some just have leaves to see if they make an impression and some have egg shells and berries pressed into the paper to see what kind of images it yields. The sun is hot and bright today with what looks like a clear one so hopefully Ill have results by the end of the day when I get out of my night shift at work. I am really excited to scan these now and see what comes of them. I am also re-photographing the cucumbers on their leaves and putting a glass in between to see if it changes how the leaf curled and the cucumbers stuck to it. This process will be interesting during all four seasons.........

Before work I will be taking the hosta leaf out of its exposure. I really have my fingers crossed there! 





No comments:

Post a Comment