Sunday, August 18, 2013

Inspiration next door....

Just would like to give a shout to a wonderful woman who has is the past guided me and will hopefully guide me again in my photographic process. When receiving my book on Anthotypes I had recognized a name, Beverly Conway. She was once a teacher of mine at the New Hampshire Institute of Art and now is a dear mentor and friend....

I didnt realize when you said "you're following my same path" (or something along those lines) that that was what you literally meant. I hope to sit down with her this upcoming week and pick her brain again in a more precise way. You can check her work out on Alternative Photography's website which is also a great resource.

http://www.alternativephotography.com/artists/beverly_conway.html

Here is an old image she made of me some time ago...

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Bev knows some people (and lots of stuff about printing) who print on various plants and things...ask her for some names.
    I love what you are attempting.
    I am heading to Wheaton tomorrow to set up an exhibit but when I'd love to talk through all this!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete