Monday, August 19, 2013

Camera Obscura

So here it is. I used a plastic bag from an old paper box and a sheet of cardboard to make a holder for the lens. Four sticks evenly broke are used to hold the cardboard up. A hosta leaf, the best one I have found for exposing besides the kale leaf, is underneath. I have done an experiment this time by putting a Baggie of water on the stem of the leaf. Ill leave this for a couple days. Looks like weather is on my side this week so hopefully a couple days will be good. Ill be making another obscura with a kale leaf after I go to the grocery store. Exciting and I hope it works! Also made some more emulsions today and will be coating those and maybe playing with adding a substance that may make the emulsion a little more dense and thicker for coating. Stay tuned! Meanwhile today I want to go photograph some film so ill be taking the camera out. :) want to work with some color again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment