Monday, August 19, 2013

Scans


This has been a productive day for me. I went to the store and re organized my entire digital darkroom or should I say office....you know the feeling you cant do anything because you are unorganized. Well that has changed. I am in a much better place with all kinds of energy although after writing this post I probably will retire due to pure exhaustion. I might be able to get a little reading in.....we'll see.

Alright so after organizing and having all my exposures outside exposing currently, I felt good and wanted to re-visit some prints I had already made. So I scanned everything, for the most part. 

I have two mini series here. One is of leaf printing, more so separated into two sections. Some with organic prints of their own produce on the leaf. So a slice of cucumber on the cucumber leaf. I really like these....

The next set are the three leaves I printed on and had some success from negatives. They are interesting and I do have to admit to enjoying the scans. It makes them clean and the colors are so unified that it is far more attractive in some ways.....







Now there is a set of four anthotypes that I have done throughout this time experimenting. I decided I was going to scan them tonight and see what I got out of "color correcting" them in Photoshop. To my surprise, although I did expect something, they emphasized the emulsion and the silhouettes that I got on these photograms became far more beautiful than they were before. I am not very intrigued by this process and anticipate doing more. This was a good couple hours in front of the computer exiting and scanning these images. My original goal was not to take it into a digital world but it really helps to display the elegance that is represented in these images.

 raspberries




red cabbage


 grapes

Cant wait till tomorrow I have some sweet looking paper downstairs in my darkroom drying waiting to be exposed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment